Non-medical pain management goes beyond drugs. Keeping your dog comfortable goes a long way towards recovery. Here are 6 great ideas that will help speed your dog towards recovery:
- Place their bed in a quiet area of the house to keep noise to a minimum. Loud noises can cause discomfort which leads to stress.
- Keep their bed in a well ventilated area away from strong smells such as purfume and cooking smells.
- Monitor your dog's nutritional intake and general appetite.
- Depending on the type of surgery, consider gentle post surgery massage. Massage is a wonderful way to release toxins and can provide the personal touch they may need during this stressful time.
- Gentle, spa type music can be very therapeutic. Consider using music therapy before and after surgery to calm anxiousness and promote calm.
- Bach Flower Rescue Remedy to treat the anxiety works wonders. 4-5 drops in their food will do the trick.